|ACT has provided the Employer's Requirements for the Ministry
of Municipal Affairs and Agriculture, Building Engineering Department,
State of Qatar for the refurbishment of the 500-seat auditorium
and stage at the National Theatre, Doha, completed in 2004.
The National Theatre was designed by Triad CICO and Theatre Projects
Consultants in the mid-1970s and commenced operation in 1981. Little
modernisation/refurbishment work has occurred in the building since
it opened. The technical refurbishment included:
- Forestage Elevators
- Counterweight flying
- Safety Curtain
- Smoke Vents
- Stage Revolve
- Film Screen
- Stage Suspensions
- Stage Drapes
- Stage Lighting Control System, Dimmers, non-dims and DMX
- Stage Lighting Socket Outlet Boxes
- Internally Wired Stage Lighting Bars.
- Working Lights Control System.
- Auditorium House Lights and Control
- Sound Reinforcement and Replay System
- Stage Communications System
- Film Projection System and Sound.
- Simultaneous Translation and Hearing Assist System
Specialist theatre contractor: LSI
Theatre seating: Quinette Gallay